Dying rice is so easy and super fun!
You can dye rice for any ocasion making a varitety of colors. This year it's red, white and blue for July 4!
To dye rice all you need is food coloring, vinegar, ziplock baggies, tray or shallow dish, paper towels...and rice!
- Divide rice into 3 equal parts. Place 2 of the parts into separate ziplock baggies (one for red, the other for blue). The third part you'll leave white.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vinegar or rubbing alcohol to each bag...we even heard you could use hand sanitizer!
- Add food coloring to each bag. We used about 15 drops!
- Zip lock your baggies and mix the color around by smushing the bag and spreading out the color evenly. You might need to add a few more drops of food coloring and vinegar until you get the color or brightness you want.
- Set some paper towels on a tray or plate. Once your rice is mixed, open each bag and spread it out on the tray to let dry. It doesn't take long at all!
|Be careful when layering!|
|"This land was made for you and me!"|