Sriracha Maple Bacon Cheeseball!
An addicting appetizer, perfect for any holiday...or everyday.
We we're inspired by our local bagel shop in Astoria that has honey bacon Sriracha cream cheese! It's sooooo good!
2 packages of 8 oz softened cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
5 tbs Sriracha (to taste)*
3 tbs of maple syrup (to taste)*
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce (to taste)*
1/3 cup of crushed pecans
2 tbs dried chives
*The more liquid ingredients you use, the harder it will be to form a ball...but if you want more Sriracha, why not turn it into a dip?
- In a small bowl combine Sriracha, maple syrup and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together cream cheese, shredded cheddar, 2/3 of bacon, green onions and salt until evenly mixed.
- Combine both bowls and mixed well...go on try it, we know you want to!
- Once evenly blended, scoop mixture onto plastic wrap. Use the wrap to form a ball and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, place crushed pecans, dried chives and left over crumbled bacon on a plate and roll your cheese ball until fully covered.
- Place back in the refrigerator until serving.
Make one gigantic ball or split it in two!
They will also freeze well.
Love this remake of a classic retro appetizer.
We can't stop eating it!