Thursday, December 10, 2015

Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal!

The Home Alone movies are some of our favorite Christmas movies!
We knew we had to get it into our holiday decor somehow.


Using form core, a craft knife, a glue stick, spray adhesive, gold paint and glitter we created this graphic wall art for our entry way!


We didn't trust our handwriting, so we printed out the quote nice and big.  
We used a tiling ap to help split the quote across multiple sheets of paper, making it the perfect size for our wall. 
We pieced the quote together and with a glue stick, lightly glued it on a large piece of foam board.
Once it was set, we used a knife to cut out the words....this took forever...and ever...and maybe ever...actually, I think we are still cutting it out. 


Once it was all cut, we pained the letters gold and sprayed them with adhesive, then covered them with glitter!  
We're thinking about sealing them somehow, so all the glitter doesn't fall off, but for now its raining glitter, Hallelujah! 


To hang it we used 3M Command Strips. 


And a Happy New Year.






4 comments:

  1. I love this glittery festive fabbiness!
    You can Mod Podge all over and that is brilliant at stopping the glitter drop off. The matt stuff can take the edge off the sparkle a bit though, I think you can get shiny or even glittery Mod Podge now though.
    I started a twirly Christmas tree papercut picture weeks ago and am now wondering if I will ever finish it so I'm feeling your craft knife pain, I've been instagraming my progress to try to shame myself into getting it finished!
    (btw you do know that Elf is the best Christmas movie, right???!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You found #HandmadeMonday, I'm so pleased you have joined us.
    I have an addition to my comment from last year - actually Nativity is the best Christmas film, I don't know if you know it but it was a smallish, fairly low budget film made quite a few years ago in my home town Coventry in the UK. It did fairly well over here & if you ever get chance to see it you must. It's fab and not just because it's filmed on streets that I walk down every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you did this old school and the pic with the reindeer is just perfect. Thanks for linking this to the Craftastic Monday Link Party at Sew Can Do. You'll be featured next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Over the Moon.

    ReplyDelete