We love to upcycle. It's great for the environment and encourages creativity!
Soda can tea light holders.
- With a pair of scissors cut off the top of your can. Be as neat as you can, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Cut evenly spaced strips all around the can. Again, it does not have to be perfect.
- Now, pull each strip down and flatten to make it look like a sun.
- Fold one strip over the strip to the left and continue to fold underneath the strip on the left, basically over and under...confusing to say, but use the pictures as your guide.
- Continue folding and tucking your way all around the can!
- And as always, always be careful when handling scissors and the can! Duh.
For something even quicker, try these!
- All you need for this project is an empty soda can, scissors, glue and any old magazine or paper with some cool graphics or pictures.
- Cut the top of your can to your desired height of your tea light holder.
- Cut the image the same height as your can.
- Glue your paper onto the can! Easy, huh?!?
Place the candle in the can or turn it upside down and use it as a stand.
"If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere!
It's up to you New York, New Yorrrrkkkk!"
We <3 NY!