Monday, July 22, 2013

That's a wrap!

Rope is #trending.
This tin can vase came out so cute and we made it out of materials we had laying around the apartment! 


We wrapped some cotton rope around a tin can and cut the rope to fit the can perfectly. 


To add some color we marked the section of rope with a pencil that we wanted to dye. 
To make the "dye" we mixed a little bit of wall paint with triple parts water. 
It should be a very watery consistency.


Squeezing the rope in the dye will soak up the color quickly.  
We also squeezed out the dye to give it a faded look which also helped it dry a lot faster. And Lord knows, we are impatient when we're working on our crafts! 


Once the rope was dry, we rewrapped and glued on the rope with some tacky glue.


Not too shabby.






7 comments:

  1. That did turn out so cute! Love the blue with the yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! I love this! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how often I click on a lovely picture at a link party and it brings me here to you guys! I really like what you've done here, sadly I am cursed with a tin opener that leaves sharp edges, so I'm going to have to find an alternative to wrap my rope around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this wrapped vase! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and pretty, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I just pinned it-you guys are so amazing. How do you keep coming up with such great ideas???

    Best wishes and thanks for joining Say G'Day Saturday.
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete