Sunday, October 6, 2013

I'm walking in a spider web...of yarn!

Arachnophobia Attack!


This is an inexpensive way to give any room a huge eerie impact! 
We literally spent less than $3.00.


What you need to weave your web:
Yarn.
Scissors. 
Scotch Tape.
Spiders?


Make your frame:
Tape the ends of pieces of yarn to create an X.
Tape other crisscrossing lines or "spokes".


Create the spiral:
Tie a new piece of yarn on a spoke close to the center of the web. 
Start weaving the piece of yarn.
Over the spoke, loop it back under the same spoke and continue to the next spoke!
Over, under and around.


Eventually the piece of yarn will run out.  
Just tie off at the end and continue with a new piece of yarn.

It took a bit of trial and error to get it right but it's pretty easy to get the hang of it.
Keep the yarn taught.
Imperfections make the web more realistic and creepy.


Be the spider. 
"Salutations!" 







18 comments:

  1. How fun, this is a great idea!!

    Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea!!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this?! I would love it if you would link up at the Halloween link party going on all month across 10 blogs: http://persialou.blogspot.com/2013/10/owl-wreath-and-halloween-project-parade.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Sew Can Do. This is great! Time consuming, but my kids would get a big kick out of it. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I like your spider webs! I am also making some yarn spider webs, but I am crocheting them... yours are so much faster and easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! Now where can I put one....... hmmmm........

    ReplyDelete
  7. How simple, cute and inexpensive; right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Found you via Pinterest looking for some cool Halloween ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect for my daughter's Charlotte's Web Party. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! My brother made a web one year with rope, between two trees, out in front of our house! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys did a great job on this, but this creeps me the eff out!!!! OMG especially since I just walked into a spider web last week...totally ruined my life hahahhaaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrew and Dennis - this is totally cool and I love it! So have to do this for Halloween! :) Thanks so much for sharing at the What's Scarier Link Party and pinning! Hope you're having a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulously creative!!!! Thank you from Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have just tried your idea and made a web for my grandchildren. It looks great, thank you for sharing. Nanny Sharon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing! I made a small one last night, and I'm going to make some bigger ones around the house before our Halloween party this weekend. I love how these look... and I love that they're inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete