With Mother's Day coming up, we thought we would jazz up a typical flower pot for Mom.
We went to the little fabric store around the corner from our apartment and found these vintage looking prints for only a dollar a yard! Holla!
All you need are flower pots and any cute fabric. Duh.
A paint brush and Mod Podge (matte finish).
Oh and scissors!
- Cut a piece of fabric that will fit around the pot with extra room to fold over the top and the bottom.
- With a paint bush, coat a little bit of the pot with Mod Podge.
- Stick on your fabric and once in place, coat the fabric with Mod Podge.
- Continue doing this all the way around your pot, but don't worry about the top or bottom yet.
- When the outside of your pot is finished, trim the fabric so that theres about an inch left on the top and bottom.
- Cut slits in the fabric around the top and bottom inch, this will avoid any puckering.
- Beginning at the top fold down the slits of fabric into the pot and coat with Mod Podge, trying to leave a smooth and flat finsih around the top of the pot.
- Do the same for the bottom and coat any loose flaps with Mod Podge.
Mom's gonna love this.
It's best to keep your pots indoors, it'll last longer!
We're keeping this one. Sorry Mom.