Monday, November 18, 2013

Turkey Time!

You can't celebrate Thanksgiving without a turkey!
This year we used our paper leaves and make a turkey candle!


We gathered and taped our paper leaves to make the feathers. 
The face and body were cut from leaves too, we added the googley eyes for some whimsy. 
We like reusing our jars season to season so we taped our pieces to the jar, but glue would work just as well.


This project would also work great with real leaves.
Just be careful not to have your "feathers" in the line of fire.
Ouch! Save the cooked turkey for later!


Gobble, gobble, gobble!





8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the way the candle light looks on the feathers:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I love it! Pinned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this turkey!! I have a ton of these jars, I could make one for everyone! gobble gobble thanks for linking up to Follow along Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! I love the turkey lit by the candle and the mason jar is such a great idea!
    Now following, thank you for sharing
    Sheena @ http://thekeeperofcheerios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!! I have tons of those jars and my kids would love to help make these! I co-host a link party every Thursday called Your Turn To Shine. I'd really love it if you'd join us! Hope you have a great day!! -Amy (p.s. LOVE your blog name!!) http://canarystreetcrafts.com/turn-shine-7/

    ReplyDelete
  6. G;Day! This is so cute! I love the candle with it. What a wonderful idea! I think maybe I can even make one. thanks! Pinned and following you. From Nastasha's linky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Featured you from Whimsy Wednesday this week!

    You can see the feature here>

    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/holiday-crafts/thanksgiving/14-thanksgiving-turkey-projects/

    Thanks for linking up!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this at the Say G'day linky party! Hope you have a great week.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete